Around the World Embassy Tour
Participants travel the world as they experience the food, art, dance, fashion, music, innovations, and manufactured goods from different countries. More than 50 embassies opened their doors to visitors in 2018, allowing guests to pet alpacas, play with robots, learn indigenous dances, and more! Come see the world through the embassies of missions of our global neighbors.
Click on this link for information about the participating embassies.
There is no charge to participate in Around the World Embassy Tour and tickets are not required. It is recommended that you take a form of government-issued identification with you.
What You Need to Know
- All embassies are open from 10am to 4pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Admission is free. Reservations are not required.
- Street parking is available but difficult at many embassy locations.
- Many embassies are within walking distance of the Dupont Circle and Van Ness/UDC Metrorail stations. Click here for tips and recommendations.
- Some embassies require photo ID for admission.
- Embassies on International Drive are larger and often have shorter lines than those on Embassy Row.
- Follow @DCCulture and #PassportDC on Twitter for updates about lines, exciting activities, and other breaking news.